HI! I am a self published and promoted zine intent on providing freedom of artistic and intellectual expression.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Nan Goldin

“It is very important to me that everybody that I have been close to in my life I make photographs of them. The people are gone, like Cookie, who is very important to me, but there is still a series of pictures showing how complex she was. Because these pictures are not about statistics, about showing people die, but it is all about individual lives. In the case of New York, most creative and freest souls in the city died. New York is not New York anymore. I’ve lost it and I miss it. They were dying because of AIDS.”
- Nan Goldin

IMG: Nan one month after being battered, 1984
IMG 2: Picnic on the Esplanade, 1973
IMG 3: Greer Lankton, 1981
IMG 4: Greer and Robert on the bed, 1982